Gray backdrop is a versatile backdrop from all the solid colored backdrops and its a great choice if you want to shoot colored gels against it to create a variety of color surfaces. Advantage of using gray backdrop is that the color of backdrop can be changed to any color from gray to black or white or pink or red without using any software. This can be achieved by maneuvering with the studio lights.
Tips on how to change the color of backdrop using Gray backdrop:
1. To achieve a solid gray background effect , place the studio lights at 45 deg from the subject and you will have a gray color as the background of the image.
2. To achieve black as the background color , place the studio lights in opposite direction of the subject and the backdrop ( at zero deg approx from the subject). By this way you will achieve black background using gray backdrop.
3. To achieve white as the background color, place the studio lights in opposite direction of the subject and the backdrop and place an additional light behind the subject. This light will illuminate the backdrop when triggered. By this way you will achieve a pure white background using the gray backdrop.
4. To achieve any other color as the background color, place a color gel on the additional light which is placed behind the subject. This light will illuminate the backdrop when triggered. By this way you will achieve desired background color using the gray backdrop. The colored gels are available in the market.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: gray backdrop, Gray Backdrops, gray photography backdrop, Grey background lighting tips and tricks, muslin backdrop, Solid gray backdrop, why gray backdrop